More than just an eight-trick pony, there are plenty more things to see and do in Barcaldine. If you’re in town for a while, it’s also worth checking out these sites:
- Learn about the history of the bygone windmill on Oak Street;
- Enjoy a dose of history and heritage at The Australian Workers Heritage Centre;
- Walk the town’s centre and see how many murals you can spot, including one by the iconic Aussie painter D’Arcy Doyle;
- Take an Artesian Country Tour to find out some of the ancient and geological history of the area;
- Hire bikes to get around. We forgot to mention Barcaldine is topographically flat, making pedal power the ideal way to get between the sites.
If in doubt, pay a visit to the Visitor Information Centre where the staff find plenty of excuses for you to extend your stay in Barcaldine.